There are many elements that go into making a world-class facility. From the training components like having enough space and equipment to practical components like free parking and showers, our facility has all the necessary components to help you get fit and stay fit for life.
Imagine having to fork out an extra six dollars every time you park your car for a workout. Or having to park a kilometer away from the facility. This is the case for many downtown locations.
Adequate Square Footage: Our 10,000 square foot facility easily handles classes of up to 30 students, all the while leaving enough space for two or three apprentice coaches to run one-on-one personal training sessions on the other side of the facility.
Inconveniences like parking are enough to deter you from going to the gym at all. Things like having plenty of natural light and big bay doors might seem like small peanuts, but when they’re taken away, people notice.
In short, everything runs more smoothly when things are convenient.
We have been around for 10 years – we have learned through trial and error what people need and want from their training facility.
We are very proud of the world-class facility we have created. Through trial and error, we learned through the years there are 10 necessary keys to logistically allow for a smooth-functionally facility.
1. Adequate Square Footage: Our 10,000 square foot facility easily handles classes of up to 30 students, all the while leaving enough space for two or three apprentice coaches to run one-on-one personal training sessions on the other side of the facility.
2. High Ceilings: Our fifteen-foot ceilings give our facility a more spacious look, and they also accommodate a very important CrossFit movement – Rope Climbs.
3. Drop Weights: With wall-to-wall rubber flooring, you can drop weights absolutely anywhere.
4. Bay Doors: Our bay doors allow for all-important air circulation keeping our venue cool and smelling clean. Bay doors also make running WODs, where athletes have to enter and exit the building multiple times, much safer and more manageable.
5. Natural Light: Nobody wants to train in a facility that feels like a dungeon. We have tons of windows and natural light, which keeps our facility bright.
6. Free Parking: We have endless parking on both East 3rd and East 4th Avenues, the two streets on either side of our facility.
7. Run on the street: We’re located in a quiet, residential area of the East Vancouver, where the streets are relatively empty and flat. We have marked courses for our 400 m, 800 m, one mile and five kilometer routes, which begin and end at our bay doors.
8. Lounge: We’re just as much a social house as we are a training facility and school. We have a lounge upstairs where we watch hockey games, football games, and other social gatherings. Our social events are the glue that holds our community together.
9. Functional, clean, classy shower facilities: Nice washrooms are especially important for our morning CrossFitters, who usually have to head straight to work after their morning workout and don’t have time to head home again for a shower. Since we renovated our washrooms in the spring of 2011, the 6 am and 7 am classes have become much happier.
10. Treatment Area: We have a treatment room for prehab and rehabilitation. We have a Registered Massage Therapist, a Chiropractor and a Stretch Therapist on site for your convenience to help you aches and pains, recovery and prevention.