A few people mentioned in the Zoom class yesterday that their diet has slipped a bit in the last couple months. Understandably so! Definitely not here to guilt anybody, but I thought I'd post a delicious and healthy salad recipe to inspire a great dinner idea.
- Half a head of red cabbage cut super finely (you can also use a food processor or even a cheese grater if your knife skills aren't as sharp as they could be)
- Half a head of green cabbage (same same with the cutting)
- 1-2 shredded carrots
- Green onions (to taste)
- 1 red pepper cut into small pieces
- Cilantro (to taste)
- 3 or 4 radishes (cut into thin rounds)
- 1 Tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds or peanuts
Mix together and top with this dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Splash of fish sauce
- Juice from 1 lemon or lime
- A splash of something to sweeten it if need be: I have used maple syrup or just regular sugar and even a bit of jam once and it worked well.
Then, Top with chicken (or some other protein. Shrimp or tempeh would also work well)
I like to sprinkle the chicken breast or thighs with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper and a bit of olive oil before baking in the oven, pan frying or throwing them on the grill.