In light of having a max clean & jerk programmed this coming Friday, I wanted to give you guys a solid visual as to what a great looking clean & jerk looks like.
This slo-motion video captures in essence what we want to see in a maximal attempt. Technical and solid positions along with an effort that allows us to move without breakdown or compromise.
Keep a few things in mind while watching this video.
- proximity of the bar to her body
- arms straight until the bar meets her hip
- extension of the hip and the ankles in both the clean and jerk
- "meeting" the bar rather than having the bar "land" on her body in the clean
- quick elbow extension in the the jerk
- solid landing position (control) in the jerk stance
- control of the bar overhead before the drop
Side note: Completely cool if come Friday you decide simply to perform a challenging clean single rather than a clean & jerk together.