It's cold. It's wet. It's soup weather.
I found this Mexican Vegetable Soup recipe a few months ago.
It can be served cold in the summer, but it also makes a nice warm dish in the fall.
This soup is a great way to add some colourful, spicy vegetables to your diet during these grey and damp autumn days.
It's easy to throw together and will make 6 servings (left-overs for the rest of the week).
Here's how you do it:
- 2 Pares
- 1 Chayote Squash
- 4 Stalks of Celery
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 (or 2) Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/3 C Lime Juice
- 4 C Bone Broth
1. Chop it all up, nice and small.
2. Throw everything into a big pot.
3. Cook until everything is mushy.
4. Add some meat (I add some good chopped-up sausage)
5. Chow down.