4 EASY SUMMER SQUASH RECIPES WITH BENEFITS
Everyone wants a healthy life for which they are putting every effort, like dieting, working out, indulging themselves in some fun activities, etc. But health doesn't come to you when you avoid junk and other unhealthy foods. Good health comes to us when we consume nutrients, fibers, and other essential supplements. Healthy foods not only make the body fit, but it also has many advantages that prove to be beneficial for health. Well, we have found the keys to your good health. There's a kind of vegetable called Summer Squash, has smooth skin & usually fatter at the bottoms.
Though there are many varieties of summer squashes such as zucchini, yellow squash, zephyr squash, eight ball zucchinis, etc., amongst all of them, yellow squash is considered as an ideal squash as it provides numerous health benefits & can be cooked in many delectable dishes.
There are so many benefits of yellow squash; it regulates blood pressure, promotes eye care, controls cholesterol levels, enhances protein in the body, maintains prostate health, prevents constipation and, most importantly, fights cancer, helps in boosting red blood cells and strengthens the immune system. It is rich in vitamins A, vitamin B6 vitamin C, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, lutein, and whatnot. It looks like lots of nutrients combined into one. Isn't it?
You guys must have been curious to know how to consume this vegetable as some delectable dishes. Let's get into the making of these squash recipes:
- SQUASH ZOODLER OMELET
Squash Zoodler omelet is a healthy meal that can be included in your regular diet, especially on breakfast.
- Take the squashes through a vegetable peeler called zoodles that forms noodles kinda shape pieces.
- Heat butter in the pan & cook and stir squash zoodles with spinach and cilantro until zoodles for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk some milk and eggs together in a container & pour it over the squash mixture. Cook for about 5 good minutes until the egg turns firm.
- You can sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes & season with salt and pepper.
- SQUASH- KOHLRABI EMPANADAS
It is the best spiced up recipe & can be consumed on any occasion.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet. Then, stir & cook garlic, ginger, kohlrabi, and season with salt and pepper until kohlrabi has softened for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add yellow squash to it and cook four minutes. Add green onion, spinach, and nutmeg. Add salt and pepper as per your taste. Also, beat the egg with water in a small bowl; set aside
- Fill the center of each circle with 1 tablespoon of the kohlrabi mixture over a baking sheet & brush the edges of the pastry with water, then fold the dough in half.
- Take a fork & crimp the edge of the dough and then place it on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until it turns golden brown for about 5 to 7 minutes & serves hot from the oven directly.
- YELLOW SQUASH & TOFU FRY
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Cook and stir garlic in hot oil, and add squash and zucchini, cook and stir until vegetables soften for about 7 minutes. Transfer squash mixture into a bowl.
- Place Tofu pieces in the skillset & add brown sugar & soy sauce. Cook & stir until tofu turns golden.
- Add the set-aside squash mixture with the tofu; sit & cook for about 3 minutes & season it with salt & pepper.
- SQUASH BURITTOS
These squash burritos are a super healthy and delicious meal that you should consume regularly.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet at medium-high heat. Then, cook and stir the onion in the hot oil until fragrant for about 3 minutes.
- Add the squash in three batches after a certain time. Make sure, the first has softened slightly before adding the next and season it with salt.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave until it turns warm for about 10 seconds only. Spoon the squash mixture into the center of the tortillas and top with the Cheddar cheese and tomato. It's ready to be served.
These squashes are so healthy that any age of people can consume it but to make sure some limitations of its consumption that it shall not be served to people with kidney problems & shall be consumed at a moderate level. So, try these recipes & enjoy healthy food.
Emylee is a wellness lifestyle writer. She loves sharing her thoughts and personal experiences related to natural remedies, yoga and fitness through her writing. She currently writes for How To Cure. She can connect with others experiencing health concerns and help them through their recovery journeys through natural remedies.