I've always been a fan of Joe Rogan and his podcasts. Last month he had two respected nutritional experts on the show.
If you've ever wondered about how studies and data can be manipulated and used in so many different ways...these guys can really educate you about all the craziness going on in the nutritional field.
Chris Kresser, M.S., L.Ac is a globally recognized leader in the fields of Ancestral Health, Paleo nutrition, and Functional and Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Kahn is a 42-year vegan who attended the University of Michigan medical school. He also did training in internal medicine and cardiology before opening a preventive, plant-based cardiology practice in Michigan.
The debate with Dr. Joel Kahn and Kresser went on into the merit of including meat and ends after a few hours of lengthy discussion on what is always controversial.
Table of Contents
- Background and Introductions
- There Are Serious Problems with Epidemiological Research
- No, Vegetarians and Vegans Don’t Live Longer
- Is There a Connection between Red Meat and Cancer?
- Does Saturated Fat Increase Your Blood Cholesterol?
- Where (and When) Conventional Ideas about Saturated Fat Come From
- Will Eating Animal Protein Shorten Your Lifespan?
- Did the Sugar Industry Influence How We Think about Saturated Fat?
- Red Meat and TMAO: Red Herring or Meaningful Association?
- Does Fish Increase Your Risk of Diabetes?
- Correlation Is Not Causation
- Here, We Agree: There Should Be Lots of Plants on Your Plate
- What Happens When You Give Up Nutrient-Dense Animal Protein
- Is the Carnivore Diet Healthy? Here Are My Theories