Considering Hallowe'en was only three days ago, the last thing your kids (and maybe you) need is more sweets... BUT these are healthier than traditional cookies. No flour, and no added sugar (except some dark chocolate chips). On top of this, they have some good quality nutrients from the bananas, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, flaxeed and chia seeds.
And, they're super simple!
• 1/2 cup of peanut butter (or almond butter if you're laying off the peanuts)
• 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/2 tsp. cinnamon1 1/2 cups oats
• 1 cup of nuts (whatever you want, but I used a handful of walnuts (chopped into small pieces), a handful of almonds and a handful of pumpkin seeds)
1. Mash up the bananas and then mix everything else together in a bowl.
2. Plop some spoonfuls on a pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (until tops are a bit brown)