We are almost FINISHED! Can you believe how quick the past 8 weeks have gone!
See you all at NOON Saturday November 14th for measurements and workout followed by a Potluck and Awards!
Hope you can make it. Bring the BEER!
We are halfway! Congrats Everyone!
We are meeting up this Sunday October 18th at Madlab at 12.30 for a workout, chat and potluck! See you there!
Bring a treat to share – If the weather cooperates we will get outside
This Saturday – September 19th 2015 at Noon, we will be running the Whole Life Challenge Workout and Measurements.
Then for the next 8 weeks participating in the Whole Life Challenge Means:
• Eat Whole Life Challenge compliant food as much as you can
• Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day
• Stretch for 10 minutes each day
• Drink 1/3 of your bodyweight converted to ounces of water each day (22 ml per kg of bodyweight)
• Take a dietary supplement of your choice (like fish oil or other omega-3 supplement, Vitamin D, magnesium, etc.)
• Incorporate each week’s “lifestyle habit” into your day
• Reflect each day on your progress
Many of us have participated in this all around “health and well-being challenge” before but it still gives us many a reason to get on it again and do better.
Our good friend Andy Petranek and creator of this WLC challenge asks us every challenge to:
Just for a minute consider something…
Consider who you want to be on November 14th, 2015?
If you were at the very top of your health and well-being, what would you feel like? What would your family members and friends say about you? How much energy would you have?
So fast-forward and paint yourself a picture: What do you look like on November 14th?
That’s what the Whole Life Challenge will do for you when you join the MADLAB School of Fitness team and make a commitment to replace a few bad lifestyle habits with good lifestyle habits. (You can learn more about the Whole Life Challenge by watching this short video.)
Once you watch the videos, you can join our team here: http://www.whole.lc/wlcfall15/pt/madlabschooloffitness.
For eight weeks, starting on September 19th and ending on November 14th, we’ll work on all the areas of our well-being—like nutrition, exercise, mobilizing, stretching, for starters.
The Whole Life Challenge is basically a game that challenges us to “try on” a whole life of health and fitness for eight weeks. As a team, we can win points and lose points (hopefully we’ll win more than we lose). And the prize is … Well, it’s who you are on November 14th. I’ll guarantee your reflection in the mirror will be impressive okay!
We are putting together a few bi-weekly prizes and will have a couple events to kickoff and finish the challenge.
I hope you’ll watch the videos and join The Madlab team. In fact, invite your friends and family to participate as well with you. Initial workouts for newbies have been preplanned and scaleable to their level of fitness.
Again, watch the video to get a better feel.
Last Chance to Sign up: http://www.whole.lc/wlcfall15/pt/madlabschooloffitness We have a team of 40 people and we would love for it to grow. The more the merrier, helps to keep everyone engaged and feel supported.
Kick-Off – Saturday, September 19th at 12 noon
Please start to warm-up once you get your measurements taken. We will more than likely we’ll be running two heats.
If you can do your waist and hip measurements (in inches) prior to coming in that would be great. (around the belly button and the biggest part of the booty)
The Kickoff Workout is as follows:
We’ll do the same workout in 8 weeks on Nov. 14th.
The Workout and Waist Hip Measurements are worth 25% of your score each. The other 50% is based on points gathered throughout the game daily for nutrition, working out, mobilizing, proper water consumption, and some lifestyle challenges.
Andy and Michael the creators of WLC just sent a more detailed email out similar to this but here’s the gist with a few added thoughts.
Here are your 6 simple steps:
1. Prepare your kitchen.
- Clear out your pantry and refrigerator of the bad stuff
- Print out your food list and post on your fridge
- Go shopping. Buy the food items you need to make sure when you reach for something, you’ve got it!
- Put together 10 meal plans that you can use in the coming week.
- Check out ‘Home on the Range Organics’ – On Broadway between Main and Kingsway for some great options
- Also ask Tbear the Paleo Bear about Meat Supplies
2. Make a list of WLC compliant restaurants (go-to places that you like that you’ll frequent during the Challenge)
- Near your home
- Near your work
- Just order a nice piece of protein (salt and pepper only) and double Veg No Starch, Sparkling Water and Lime
- Carry around your Coconut Amino’s (no Tamari allowed) for sashimi lunches
3. Make a list of “Go-to Workouts”
- Workouts that you can do to satisfy your 10-minute WLC exercise habit (ie. 4K Row, 30 min bike ride,…)
- Workouts that include the things you want to do
- Keep this list with you – eliminate your need to “think” about what you should do today.
- Play sport on a weekend? That counts!
4. Complete your Preliminary Workout
- Check in with your Team MadLab – do the workout we’ve planned within the next week
- Maintain your strength while leaning up
5. Complete your Whole Life Self Assessment
- This is a brand new feature – it’s in your PROFILE tab inside of the game
- Do this at beginning and again at the end of the Challenge to see how things have changed.
- There’s 11 questions to help you assess where you are
6. Connect with your Team
- Hang out with team members, go to lunch
- Start talking in your Communication Feed in the Game
- Create a plan to support each other
We retest the workout and measure again on November 14th
Come and join us!
Email Dash for more information (email@example.com)